Olivia is checking off her developmental milestones so fast these days that we can barely keep up! Her speech is really picking up- she's got Dada down pat and has now moved on to B and T sounds. I can't wait until she's saying Mama! It's so hilarious to hear her babbling away to herself in her crib.
She has started interacting with us a lot more as well. Her latest favorite thing is reaching up and putting her chubby little hand on your face, which is pretty much the most adorable thing ever. She has also taken a keen interest in my hair (not as adorable). She's started to get ticklish, so we have a blast tickling her feet, sides and thighs while she giggles and squeals. And perhaps the cutest new thing she does is give kisses. They're gummy and slobbery, but they are the best kisses I've ever received (sorry honey!).
Olivia is also rolling over now (finally!) and sitting up really well on her own. We've started to work with her on bearing weight on her legs while we hold her up to help her build her leg strength. Our pedicatrician said this is the next major physical milestone. She bounces away in her Jumperoo and pushes up with her legs when we hold her, so I think she's well on her way to checking that one off the list too!
As far as solid foods go, we've tried peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, avocado, bananas and apples so far. Olivia has also started feeding herself Mum-Mum crackers. They don't have much of a taste, but they melt in her mouth and she loves gumming them and holding the cracker.
While all of these milestones and developments are exciting, I can't help but think about how quickly it's all moving and feeling sad at the thought that, one day, she's not going to want to cuddle with me and give me kisses. So I'm gobbling up all my snuggle time and enjoying every second while I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment