Ryan and I took yesterday off work to take care of some baby-related stuff. In the morning, we met with the Infant Toddler Network about our childcare options. After that info session, we had a meeting with a pediatrician. The Children's Medical Associates practice was recommended by several Burke moms on the DC Metro Mommies message board, and I have to say, we were sufficiently impressed. I think we've found a pediatrician!
Next, we had a doctor's appointment, where we learned that our baby girl finally flipped! YAY! We also found out that INOVA Fairfax Hospital is one of only 10 hospitals in the country that does free cord blood collection and donation, so we're definitely going to do that. All in all, it was a productive day!
I had grand plans for today as well, doing baby laundry, going to Buy Buy Baby, etc. That was, until I fell down the stairs carrying a full basket of laundry about 2 hours ago. The baby is ok, she's been moving and kicking like crazy, but I have to admit, it was pretty terrifying. Unfortunately, my butt and back took the brunt of the fall, so now I'm laid up on the couch with ice packs. Ouch. As if I wasn't dealing with enough back pain already. And I am now under strict orders from Ryan to not carry anything else on the stairs and hold onto the railing at all times. Stupid clumsiness. I don't think I've ever seen him move as fast as he did when he heard me go down. Scary morning, but all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment