Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Babies and Baseball
This past weekend, we went to the Nats v. Mets game. As the little one and I both enjoyed the 7th inning stretch, it occured to me that pregnancy is JUST LIKE baseball! Ryan is laughing as he reads this over my shoulder, but hear me out. There are nine innings in baseball, nine months in pregnancy. Both involve falling and running into things- if you don't understand this part, you've either not been around a clumsy pregnant woman or you haven't seen the Nats play recently. Baseball and pregnancy both have a 7th inning stretch. (Seriously, I think my belly has grown exponentially in the past week.) In both pregnancy and in baseball you'll hear people yell "He's out!" A baseball game and pregnancy alike can seem to go on forever. And both rely on the skills of the catcher (thanks Doc!). So, as you can see, with my own little American pastime, it's 1-2-3 months she's out at the old ball game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So cute and creative. I do believe my granddaughter will be playing both soccer and softball!
ReplyDelete