Tuesday was rough for both Olivia and I- she wouldn't eat, cried all morning and refused to sleep. I was a basketcase and felt horrible because our babysitter e-mailed me several times to let me know that Olivia was tired, hungry and upset...as if I didn't feel bad enough. I know she was trying to keep me updated on how things were going, which I appreciate, but it made a hard day even harder. The good news is that each successive day got better. This coming week will be a full 5-day week, so we'll see how it goes. What's great is that she sends us pictures of Olivia each day so we can see how she's doing. Here's one from daycare:
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Hi ho hi ho, it's back to work I go. . .
The cheerful tone of that song belies how I really felt going back to work. If it were up to me, it would be sung like a funeral dirge. Even though I technically returned to work on December 28th, I only worked three days that week, left early each day and had my family up to watch Olivia (and meet me for lunch) that Wednesday. So this week was the first real week of being back to working full-time and Olivia being in daycare. Luckily, my company was off Monday, so it was just a 4-day week.
Tuesday was rough for both Olivia and I- she wouldn't eat, cried all morning and refused to sleep. I was a basketcase and felt horrible because our babysitter e-mailed me several times to let me know that Olivia was tired, hungry and upset...as if I didn't feel bad enough. I know she was trying to keep me updated on how things were going, which I appreciate, but it made a hard day even harder. The good news is that each successive day got better. This coming week will be a full 5-day week, so we'll see how it goes. What's great is that she sends us pictures of Olivia each day so we can see how she's doing. Here's one from daycare:
Tuesday was rough for both Olivia and I- she wouldn't eat, cried all morning and refused to sleep. I was a basketcase and felt horrible because our babysitter e-mailed me several times to let me know that Olivia was tired, hungry and upset...as if I didn't feel bad enough. I know she was trying to keep me updated on how things were going, which I appreciate, but it made a hard day even harder. The good news is that each successive day got better. This coming week will be a full 5-day week, so we'll see how it goes. What's great is that she sends us pictures of Olivia each day so we can see how she's doing. Here's one from daycare:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment