I am returning to work on December 28th, and I have to say that I have never NOT looked forward to something this much in my life. Don't get me wrong, my coworkers are great, but they are absolutely nothing compared to my newest boss. The mere thought of leaving her in someone else's care for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week is enough to bring me to tears, which it does. . . on almost a daily basis these days. Shoot, I'm tearing up just writing this.
After a lot of time, many, many interviews, and the obligatory reference checks, questions, etc., we have selected a lady to watch Olivia during the day. She's only 2 miles from our house, has raised 6 kids of her own and is super nice. Olivia even spent a couple of hours over there today, getting acclimated, while I ran errands.
I know there are pros and cons to both staying at home and going back to work, so I am trying to focus on the positive aspects of this situation and just hope for the best. If any working moms out there have advice on how to weather this tough time, please feel free to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment