Friday, November 5, 2010

Updates Galore!

Sorry we have been MIA with the blog updates. Who knew I would go days without touching a computer with an infant around?! Thank goodness for my BlackBerry so I'm not completely out of touch, but that doesn't really work for posting blog updates. So here we go. . .

Olivia is weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 15 oz now! We just got the okay on Tuesday for her to wear her harness only at night now, which is great news! That means the harness treatment she's had for the past 5 weeks has worked and her hips are looking normal. So we're trying to keep her in her harness for a 12 hour stretch each day for the next 6 weeks. Then she'll have an x-ray on December 14th to determine if we can discontinue the harness altogether. Things are looking good!

This also means that Olivia can now wear pants and footie onesies- yay! I've had a blast dressing her each day, but it has become clear that we are grossly under prepared with her wardrobe now. So I'm thinking a mommmy and me shopping day is in order!

Other than that, Olivia and I are both being treated right now for thrush, which is NO FUN. If any of you nursing mommies have dealt with this, you know my pain, quite literally. Hopefully we'll see some relief from the medicine soon.

We are starting to see social smiles now, which is so exciting! Nothing makes your heart melt like your baby looking up at you and breaking into the happiest little smile in the world. Her whole face lights up- she even has dimples just like her daddy! Now if I could just manage to capture it on camera, we'd be doing good.

Speaking of pictures, here are a few newer ones:





I promise we're going to try and be better about taking more pictures and posting to the blog to keep everyone updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment