So, the good news is that we get to see our girl again in 4 short weeks! I'm really excited because I didn't think we'd have another ultrasound. So now the bad news (don't panic Mom, it's not that bad): the reason we're having another ultrasound is that they found a choroid plexus cyst in her brain during our last ultrasound and they want to monitor it. In addition, I'm at risk, albeit slight, for incompetent cervix, so they want to keep an eye on that as well. They're not very concerned about the cyst because they haven't found any other abnormalities and believe it's just part of her brain developing, but it's best to keep close watch.
And now for the ugly. It's official, I have sciatica. You might wonder why this is "ugly" but just ask Ryan. The positions I contort into and the expression on my face when that nerve gets compressed are certainly NOT prety. The excruciating shooting pain in my lower back was diagnosed this morning. Luckily, the stretches and yoga I've been doing have really helped and it's much better this week. It could hold off like this or it could come back with a vengence. Unfortunately, if it comes back, there's not much I can do but deal with the pain. So definitely no more heavy lifting or physical exertion for me. . . darn. ;o)
Hmmmm....your baby girl is causing you sciatica pain. Karma???
ReplyDelete